On March 5th, Mae’s Breath Foundation & Fashion Emerge will host the one year anniversary of the newly formed Mae’s Breath Foundation, which began in memory of Brooklyn resident Eartha Mae Lawson, who lost her brief battle with lung cancer in 2010. The evening festivities will include showcasing MBF’s on-line support group, as well as an introduction of the creative arts series which will promote lung cancer awareness.
Mae’s Breath is currently seeking volunteers to assist at this event and help ensure that it runs smoothly. Volunteers will be asked to greet guests and press, distribute giftbags, and assist with model preparation before the showcase begins. If you’re interested in helping, please contact Yolanda at email@example.com
On Sunday October 24th, head to Battery Park downtown to show your support for the fight against Lung Cancer. LUNGevity, a 501 (c)(3) organization founded ten years ago by seven lung cancer patients, has become one of the fastest growing charities funding research into the detection, treatment, and cure of lung cancer.. Here are some more important facts about LUNGevity:
• LUNGevity was awarded Charity Navigator’s perfect four-star rating for sound fiscal management in 2009.
• Every dollar that LUNGevity Foundation spends on research is doubled by our granting partnerships with the American Cancer Society, American Lung Association, and other organizations.
• Since its inception in November 2000, LUNGevity has committed to co-funding more 70 studies, worth more than $8 million, in innovative lung cancer research projects at the foremost cancer institutions in America.
• In 2009, LUNGevity funded more than twice the number of new research studies as any other lung cancer organization.
• LUNGevity Foundation benefits from more than 50 events across the country, all of which are initiated and implemented by volunteers. We fund hope together with more than 20,000 participants from all over the US.
This event will take place rain or shine! The first 1,000 registrants will receive a tote bag and t-shirt.
(Meet in front of Battery Gardens Restaurant)
For more information visit the event website: http://events.lungevity.org/site/TR?fr_id=2520&pg=entry