On Sunday October 24th, head to Battery Park downtown to show your support for the fight against Lung Cancer. LUNGevity, a 501 (c)(3) organization founded ten years ago by seven lung cancer patients, has become one of the fastest growing charities funding research into the detection, treatment, and cure of lung cancer.. Here are some more important facts about LUNGevity:
• LUNGevity was awarded Charity Navigator’s perfect four-star rating for sound fiscal management in 2009.
• Every dollar that LUNGevity Foundation spends on research is doubled by our granting partnerships with the American Cancer Society, American Lung Association, and other organizations.
• Since its inception in November 2000, LUNGevity has committed to co-funding more 70 studies, worth more than $8 million, in innovative lung cancer research projects at the foremost cancer institutions in America.
• In 2009, LUNGevity funded more than twice the number of new research studies as any other lung cancer organization.
• LUNGevity Foundation benefits from more than 50 events across the country, all of which are initiated and implemented by volunteers. We fund hope together with more than 20,000 participants from all over the US.
This event will take place rain or shine! The first 1,000 registrants will receive a tote bag and t-shirt.
(Meet in front of Battery Gardens Restaurant)
For more information visit the event website: http://events.lungevity.org/site/TR?fr_id=2520&pg=entry