Save the date for Give & Get NYC’s upcoming Pantry Party to benefit the West Side Campaign Against Hunger!
On August 1st, head uptown to Prohibition at 503 Columbus Avenue (between 84th and 85th) at 6:30pm. Anyone who brings food donations with them to help fill the WSCAH Pantry will receive drink specials until 9pm.
Through a supermarket-style food pantry, the WSCAH alleviates hunger and creates a culture of self-reliance by providing food with dignity. They also provide wellness and cooking programs, in addition to counseling, to ensure all avenues of support are being explored and provided to clients. Located on West 86th Street, they serve low-income residents from all 5 boroughs regardless of household size or immigration status.
If you’re unable to attend and would like to donate, you can do so by clicking here. Until then, start shopping for these much-needed, healthy pantry items:
- Dried beans
- Canned beans, low sodium
- Brown or white rice
- Pasta, especially whole grain
- Hot cereal
- Cream of wheat
- Cold cereal
- Bran flakes
- Other low-sugar, high-fiber options
- Crackers, low sodium, high-fiber
- Bread, 100% whole wheat
- Canned fruit, packed in juice or water
- Applesauce, no sugar added
- Dried fruit, no sugar added
- Canned vegetables, low sodium
- Spaghetti sauce, low sodium
- Salsa, low sodium
- Canned chicken, low sodium in water
- Canned fish, packed in water
- Milk, boxed or shelf stable, low fat
- Milk, powdered, low fat
- Milk, evaporated, low fat
- Bottled water and other low-sugar beverages
- Tea and coffee
DO: Give generously. Give foods you would serve to your family.
DON’T: Give anything expired, open, or damaged. Give something you wouldn’t eat.